The Arkansas HBPA has created a special fund to aid trainers, dependents of trainers, and back stretch personnel of medical expenses not covered by insurance or worker’s compensation. It may also be extended in special circumstances for personal assistance.
1. Must be a licensed thoroughbred trainer, full time groom or licensed employee of trainer.
2. Employees on farms are eligible if they are licensed at the racetrack.
3. Any exceptions would have to be considered by the Arkansas HBPA Board of Directors.
LIMITS ON BENEFITS:
Maximum in any one year is a negotiated settlement of not more than $3,500 for any one claim.
The Arkansas HBPA will consider requests for assistance only after all insurances, or other sources of payment are exhausted.
1. Prescriptions are covered for illnesses only. We do not cover pain medication.
2. No coverage on eye glasses.
3. Up to $1,200 for funerals that are approved by the Arkansas HBPA Board of Directors.
4. No coverage for self-inflicted injuries or acts of violence.
5. No coverage for any incidents involving alcohol or drugs.
The Arkansas HBPA provides an onsite medical facility with a physician and nurses two days a week. Prescriptions are delivered after clinic each day to the HBPA office.
The Arkansas HBPA will pay for extractions of teeth and fillings. Special needs would have to be approved by the Arkansas HBPA Board of Directors.